Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Crockpot Taco Ranch Chicken

I confess, I am in love...with my crockpot. I love the fact that I can stick something in it...and leave it...for hours...while it cooks. Minimal mess and minimal fuss for a person who is not quite a Martha Stewart when it comes to the kitchen. One of my favorite crock pot recipes is this pesto ranch chicken that I found on pinterest; which basically involves throwing a jar of pesto, some chicken, a packet of ranch seasoning, and chicken broth in a crockpot for 3 hours. It is very yummy, but not very waistline friendly at 16 WW+ points a serving. So, I decided to change it up a bit and replace the pesto with a packet of taco seasoning to give it more of a Mexican flair. This variation is only 8 WW+ points a serving and is still very yummy.

You can also take the excess sauce when the chicken is cooked and cook your favorite veggies in it. I usually serve the ensemble over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment