Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hood River, Oregon

Last week, I had some free time and made a spontaneous trip up to Hood River, Oregon with my brother, Dan, who was in town from Chicago on business. If you've never been to this part of the country, trust me...you need to go. Nestled in the Columbia River Gorge, Hood River is the essence of living in the Pacific Northwest. This is a major destination for windsurfers seeking thrills on the Columbia River, skiers and snowboarders wanting to shred powder on Mt. Hood, and for tourists in general who want to experience the beauty and bounty of the Northwest. Full Sail beer is brewed here, and it is one of the most productive agricultural regions in the country.


Being me, I decided to dink around downtown to see what flea markets or thrift stores I could find. Turns out that Goodwill just opened a "boutique store" in downtown Hood River that features the higher end items that have been donated, at slightly higher prices, but still not unreasonable. I found a lot of Coach purses, a couple of Christian Dior clothing items, and unfortunately, someone had nabbed a pair of Tory Burch shoes before I got there. Nonetheless, I was able to find some items for my etsy store which I will be featuring in subsequent posts. Here is a glimpse at something that I liked inside the store...
I didn't nab it for the store, so this item may still be at the boutique. Regardless, I highly recommend a visit when you are in this neck of the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment