Friday, October 4, 2013

Etsy Item of the Week - Samantha French

It's time to do a plug for something on Etsy that is not in my own shop. I can't remember where I first saw Samantha French's artwork for the first time, but I know that I have seen it in more than one place, most recently on One Kings Lane. I love her stunningly colorful yet serene paintings that depict people underwater. As someone who grew up as a competitive swimmer (albeit a bad one) I am still drawn to the confines of the chlorine world. There is just something about being in a pool that puts me at ease. Perhaps it is the sense of being weightless and my body being able to move in ways that it cannot on the ground, or it may just be the simply relief of floating. Regardless, I love these images for being able to capture what I (and I suspect others) feel in the pool. One of these days, when I finally get around to doing that gallery wall I've been thinking about doing for quite some time, one of these prints will likely be featured in the center.




No comments:

Post a Comment