Monday, October 28, 2013

Elephant Parade

My grandmother (Mimi) collected elephant figurines for as long as I could remember. After she passed, some of her trunked treasured made their way to my home, where they now sit proudly on my desk. As a child, my mother and I would constantly be searching for the perfect elephant to add to Mimi's collection; the only rule being that it had to have its trunk up for good luck. During the course of my vintage discoveries, I've found a couple of wonderful elephant pieces. My latest find was buried in one of my favorite antique markets in Portland, OR.
This cobalt blue elephant stool is now featured in my etsy store. He also serves as the inspiration for this design collection of trunked treasures for other elephant lovers...




1. $40 zgallerie 2. $9.99 Nate Berkus for Target 3.$129 orientalfurniture.com 4. $25 at rachellelevingston on Etsy 5. $62 at Home Depot 6. $38 at DenizErcelebi on Etsy 7. $25 at VintageandVictorian on Etsy 8. $45 OfAlltheFishVintage on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment