Friday, September 27, 2013

On The Hunt For...



My current vintage décor obsession these days is Chinoiserie, which according to Wikipedia is defined as “a French term, signifying ‘Chinese-esque.’" Chinoserie vignettes are usually characterized by beautiful hand painted wallpaper (think De Gournay), rich & heavy fabrics (think Shumacher), intricate Chinese Chippendale furniture, and beautiful Asian antiques. Unfortunately, I can afford none of those things. Alas, I am now on a mission to find whatever pieces of Chinoiserie decor that I can find in my favorite flea markets and junk shops; hoping and praying that someone doesn't know the gems that they have! I've already made one score, purchasing these gorgeous foo dogs at my local Goodwill for $10 a couple of weeks ago.

 (No, I am not planning to put these on sale in my Etsy store, but these foo dogs are for sale.)

Now, I am on a mission to find a great Chinoiserie mirror. I've gathered a couple of couple of examples below, but as you can see, these mirrors do not come cheap on the open market. That will only make it all the more sweet when I do come across one in that is buried and forgotten somewhere. I will undoubtedly do a little happy dance when I do find one, and then blog about it. Wish me luck!



1.$229 at House of Pemberley on Etsy.com 2. $595 at Serena and Lily 3. $415 at One Kings Lane 4. $1799 at One Kings Lane 5. $395 at One Kings Lane 6. $915 at claytongrayhome.com 7. $1765 at treillageonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment