Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Drift Creek Falls - Oregon Coast

Time to share with y'all about what I did over my Christmas break. I did some more vintage shopping, of course, but I'll get to that in a later post. This previous weekend, I was visited by my best friend (another Katie whom I've known since diapers) and her husband. When looking for things to do, I mentioned that there was a hike not far from my house in Lincoln City, Oregon that has always been on my "Oregon Bucket List" (i.e. things to do before I leave Oregon). Drift Creek Falls is a beautiful, family-friendly hike down to a suspension bridge overlooking a lovely waterfall. The only irritating part about this excursion was the 12 mile drive to the trailhead from Highway 101 up a narrow twisting logging road. Other than that, it was a beautiful hike on a beautiful day...see for yourself.

 Moss covered trees on the Drift Creek Falls Trail.
 Drift Creek Falls as seen from the suspension bridge over the falls.
Walking across the suspension bridge. Beware that this bridge is not for the faint of heart when it comes to heights...it wobbles!

1 comment:

  1. I think I’m going back to USA this fall, so definitely saving this one! Thanks for the great tips.

    ReplyDelete